I have craving some banana bread this weekend but I wanted it spice it up with a little something extra.. In NO WAY am I hating on some good ‘ol banana bread, but I wanted to make use of the last few days of summer fruit. I know Labor Day usually means that we trade in our white jeans, sundresses, and flip-flops for oversize sweaters, skinny jeans, and boots but I have a whole 23 days until school starts (LOVE you quarter system!). So until then, I will be enjoying the remainder of summer by adding blueberries to my banana bread
So to fill this craving I browsed the internet for some recipes and adapted one to suit my needs.
Blueberry Banana Bread
1 3/4 cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 ripe bananas***
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup greek yogurt
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
- Mash bananas with a fork in another medium bowl. **If your bananas are not ripe yet, peel and place in the microwave for 1 minute & 30 seconds. Remove, mash, and microwave for another 30 seconds. This will give them the necessary consistency***
- Add eggs, honey, vanilla extract, and greek yogurt to mashed bananas. Stir thoroughly so no lumps remain.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and stir until just combined.
- Gently fold in the blueberries being careful not so mash them.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf plan and distribute evenly.
- Bake at 350°F for 55 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Yields 10-12 slices
Do you want to know the best part about this bread?!
It fit PERFECTLY into a tupperware container. Its the little things in life….and perhaps my slight OCD