I’m in a state of denial that Summer is coming to an end and Fall is right around the corner. Starbucks can tempt me with their Pumpkin Spice Lattes and Salted Carmel Mochas but I am not willing to surrender quite yet. So I am going to embrace these last few weeks of long sunny days and warm nights with some grilling!
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
1/4 cup greek yogurt
2 tbsp olive oil
1 Lemon, juice & zest
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbsp Oregano
Salt + Pepper
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT the chicken in a mixing bowl or a large Ziplock bag.
- Mix everything together so there is a uniform consistency.
- Add chicken and coat throughly.
- Let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to an hour.
- Grill for 8-12 minutes, flipping halfway.
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 purple onion
Salt + Pepper
10 Wood Skewers
- Soak your skewers in a shallow dish filled with water for at least 30 minutes.
- Chop Veggies into your desired sizes, but remember to keep them all about the same size to ensure equal grilling time.
- Assemble skewers however you please.
- Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle salt + pepper over all the skewers.
- Grill for 10 minutes flipping halfway.
I also threw some pita bread on the grill just until it got a little crispy. We made a stuff-your-own Pita topping bar including:
- greek yogurt
- feta cheese